Should Be Sleeping
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tank glyphs

3 posters

Go down

tank glyphs Empty tank glyphs

Post  kaandimos Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 am

ok so tanking glyphs are not good for prot warriors, so i need some input what do you think are the best single target/ aoe glyphs?
kaandimos
kaandimos

Back to top Go down

tank glyphs Empty Re: tank glyphs

Post  EggSAladin Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:06 am

Single target (boss tanking): Glyph of Last Stand, Glyph of Blocking, Glyph of Shield Wall. Some people (Roofie) have Glyph of Devastate instead of le blocking one for single target. It's probably a nice threat boost, but with TotT/stacking MDs I would go with GoB. But then again I don't tank on my warrior much so I may be wrong.

Not too sure about AoE tanking. It might depend on your spec (i.e. do you have imp cleave -- which you prob shouldn't if you're raid tanking...unless you have 2 prot specs...but only rapists do that anyway).

Edit: With block rating/value being so rare on gear now (practically gone), the added block value from GoB might not be so great...Plus, it's getting removed come Cataclysm. The new parry/block changes are....interesting though.

EggSAladin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kaandimos Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:09 am

yeah ive read that they are tge best glyphs for single target, but im wondering when i use last stand/ shield wall excpet for oh sit moments, maybe i need to get used to using them in regullar use on all boss fights
kaandimos
kaandimos

Back to top Go down

Post  TEIWAZ Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 pm

kk I know this post is old but. I use devastate/sunder armor to help cycle through mobs faster. Cleave and thunderclap to help group them up. I use charge to help generate my rage right off. then command is to help everyone out in range.

Been pretty successful with these atm. I take some time out and research a bit more. I'm happy with it when I can make raids and such. I'm always up for looking for new specs and trying new ideas on improving. Anything to help make thing successful for the guild
TEIWAZ
TEIWAZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down